Thursday, May 28, 2009

Chacos - May 28

Nothing too exciting happened today. Went into the city for a doctor's appointment (my first one since 2006 apparently). Then walked over to Eric's, we hung out for a while with Aaron and Josh. Aaron left to celebrate Shavuot (sp?) and Eric, Josh and I watched the basketball game and drank some beer. I felt very American. On my way home, my Chacos got me into two conversations with strangers. The coincidence was such that I couldn't help but mention it. While waiting for the 1 at 79th I sneezed, and a friendly woman said bless you and then asked 'you're not from around here are you?' I replied that I was from Westchester, and asked why she had assumed what she had. She replied that I was wearing Chacos, and apparently no one she had met in the city knew what Chacos were. Very strange.

On the walk back up from the Hastings station to home, I was walking next to a young looking professional. He commented on my wearing sandals in the cold misty weather. We continued chatting for a minute or two until he turned on to Warburton to go home. Very odd.

No comments:

Post a Comment